These 3 ingredients can usually be found at Publix and/or Walmart.
- Buy a 5gal bucket with a lid from Home Depot.
- Fill with 3gal of hot water (bathtub works for this).
- Boil 5 cups of water on the stove in a large pot. Add an entire chopped up Fels-naptha soap bar to the pot and stir until dissolved (I just use a knife and slice into small shredded pieces. Ps. This concoction likes to boil over the pot, rapidly. If this happens, dont panic! Just turn the temp down and after everything is finished your stove top is ready to be scrubbed with a nice smelling new cleaner you made, and spilled all over it).
- Pour into the 5gal bucket once dissolved.
- Add 1 cup of Borax (powder) and 1/2 cup of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda (powder) to the bucket of water. Stir. And let sit over night.
You will have leftover Borax and soda for the next several times you make a batch of detergent, making this the cheapest stuff ever. Enjoy saving money :)