Monday, August 2, 2010

I can ride my bike with no handlebars

I do American Sign Lanuage with Sunny for my me and Jase's own sanity. I explain it like this: she screams (and grunts and points erradically) for something 10 times in an hour, but since learning the sign for things she wants (drink, more, food, etc) she only screams 4 times an hour... It breaks down the communication barrier between us that used to be very apparent (or frustrating). Here's a video from a few weeks ago I put on Facedbook, hope everyone can see it: Sunny and I have a new ride. She waves at everyone as we cruise on by. Her newest Sign is "dog", which she immediately signs when we get on our bike, as we usually see dogs on our ride. This week Jason's been biking with her as I jog beside them. No matter how bad my day's been, and lately they've been trying, after running and shaving my legs, the day is lookin' up. The simple things...

Jason and I went to Sara and Boyd's wedding on Friday in Bradenton Beach. We took moms' 350Z, put the top down once we hit the west coast, and cruised on to our beach bungalow for two. I discovered Jason's never been in a convertible before. Score! Something I've 'beat' him to in the Check-off List of Life (he has one, and its got major check-offs!). Did you catch the "two" part, not 'three'? Did you know a 350Z only has "two" seats... YES, we left Sunny! Anything exciting happen? In the words of Juno, "I'm already pregnant, so what other kind of shenanigans could I get into?"

Nothing is better than a wedding: you dress up, look' hot on the dance floor as you try not to spill your drink too much and pick up single dudes. Well, I guess that's what I used to do. This time I sat at the Loser table sipping ice water. Wondering if I'll fit into my wedding dress. BUT, a guy did hit on me. Eyed me from across the room. Walked up to me in front of my husband and said "I just wanted to say hi!" I've had racier comments, better pick up lines; I had to hand it to this guy though, considering he was four years old. Our conversation didnt exscalate into much from there. So you're supposed to eat lots of veggies when you're knocked up... I was running today (that makes up for the lack of veggies- so I've thrown that fact into this blog 2x now) and thought about the junk I ate today. And I didnt have one vegetable. Oh wait, I had a bagel with cream cheese & chives. They're green. Better luck tomorrow. Countdown to me and Jason's wedding: 37 days (yikes!) I'm having a wedding when I'm already married, with a one year old child preceding me down the aisle, and I'm pregnant. If this wedding werent in Hawaii it would be the trashyiest. I'M JUST SAYING. And my non-bachelorette Bachelorette weekend is this Friday in Siesta Key. I wont be able to drink, stay out late, get TOO much sun, or eat lots of junk. Ok, so I'm lying, I will still do a few of these things. But I'm sorry in advanced (I didnt used to be so LAME, I promise... You remember, right???) to you single girls that currently lack a husband and/or kids and you arent pregnant--- have fun this weekend, for me, and one day you'll be there.... Sooner than you probably think if life mimics life... Check out our wedding website here: http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/AbbyCook&JasonGligorov

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really.