Sunday, October 31, 2010

Weeks 17 and 18

Week 17 passed with a blur. Jason had 'work stuff' over in Tampa for 3 days/3 nights (a training program to become certified to install draft beer lines). He was gone all day while Sunny and I shopped and swam in the hotel pool. He loved it, was a team leader, and was very involved in this hands-on opportunity. Here's Sunny dreaming of a better life outside of the hotel hallways:

When we drove back to the East Coast we went straight to the Sprint store to pick up my new Evo 4g phone (plus a new thing for Jase, although not as fancy as mine; he admits he isnt interested in learning the technology, plus he'd break this). Ive been checking the weather on it ever since.
This week we were building up to Halloween weekend. I 'love' this weekend because I just want it to arrive then PASS so we can get to the good stuff, like fall and the Christmas holidays. I am tired of shielding Sunny's eyes from the skeleton creeping out of a neighbors' lawn and dead screaming banchies in Walmart/ the library..... What's so cool about the dead scary stuff? Gross. Halloween I could forget, its autumn and cooler weather and pumpkins that I love. We didnt even carve our pumpkin this year; he is too nice to carve! I've saved him for the front porch for the rest of the fall season where he will sit gratefully (he is pictured below with the kiddies).

We will Trick or Treat this evening, though. I mean, I do want to eat chocolate and I've got the perfect little chicken who can get this for me:

*Update: Trick or Treating was a hit. Jason and I agreed it was the most fun we've ever had on Halloween. There's just something about seeing your kid eat the paper off a lollipop for the first time, find a stick from the end of that lollipop in her mouth after 10 minutes and wonder how she didnt choke?, and figure out that running to the front door with her pumpkin-bucket dragging behind her will reward her with more goodies.... it was priceless.

No comments: