Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Oil Pan Magnetic Board

Kiley Jo needed a 1st birthday present and I didnt want to get it at the store. I was also too late for anything original from Etsy so here I am, the weekend of, and feeling very creative.
 
I went to Michael's and bought these pre-painted wooden characters. They were $.59! I also bought magnets and when I got home glued them together.
 
There are a few Christmas decorations thrown in there. Have to use my glue and magnets on other projects while the glue and magnets are out. Notice that super glue. It was super glue.

Super glue tragedy. I screamed when I quickly tried to pull this off, the MOMENT I got glued to it. Wow. Rubbed some canola oil over it for 5minutes over the sink until it fell off. I was frightened.

My garbage bins are my sawhorses where I paint. I seriously need an area for this. I just dont want to drag out my painters cloth from the garage. Im worried its full of black widow spiders.

Dont use your PBR to spraypaint your oil pan. Only used for hydration. Oh, I used paint made for metal as well. An 'heirloom white'. Love it. I was worried since the oil pan is greasy (why!?) and slick. It worked fine. No sanding or anything.

Another paint area: the ac unit. Good for paint drying.

Finished.
Kiley: dont choke on my gift. Make sure someone is watching you while you play with the magnets. Call me if you swallow them. They arent something you 'let pass'- they will make your insides migrate together. Ok. Have fun!

No comments: