Saturday, September 10, 2011

Hello Saturday!

Every blog I start to write updating you reader(s) on a Glig week, I think to start it "Its been a busy week!" Cliche and boring and unoriginal. But its the first think that comes to my mind. We are a busy family, finally!
We do things.

Sunny's 3rd week in school was a turning point. She was upset to leave Lachlan and me, but she took her tote over her shoulder, kissed and hugged us, then walked on her own through the door with the teacher. Usually the teacher carries her kicking and screaming. The teacher and I gave each other a silent smiley thumbs up and I left feeling weird. It was harder than leaving her the first day. She went willingly this time, not quite wanting to, but trusting me enough to do it anyways...

Lachlan made sure our morning was anything but boring; as soon as we started our 2minute drive to Sunny's school he $hit his pants. Fine, I've got a baby changing station in the back. In the parking lot of the school I began to change what I thought was a normal situation which quickly turned for the worse. All over me, his legs, his shirt, his pants, the car... get the point? We went into the school for a bath; he was only wearing a diaper. I didnt bring any clothes on this short trip. Everyone was staring at him: fat white 'naked' baby on my hip. Whatever, like they've never had a shitty baby...

Lachlan is on the move. He is never quite where I left him last (on the floor). He is loud. He plays with certain toys that he loves (Sunny's pots and pans). And if she takes anything from him he screams! He flaps his arms and yells until he gets it back. Sunny can make him laugh with funny faces and funny phrases he likes ("Ahhhh BUGGABOO!" is what had him in tears yesterday, tears of laughter!) He is only cranking when he is teething or when you put him down. He wants to be held! If I walk out of the room its an almost guarantee that he's silently crying, bottom lip out, face screwed up, then the wailing starts.  

Jason's home with the kids every evening while I go to school. Its 20 minutes away in Vero. Him and the kids swim on our deck, play at the park, and visit neighbors befre having dinner, bath, and bed. Most nights when I get home they are already in bed. Jason and I sometimes use this time to have dinner alone together and finally talk about our long day. Its been a long time since I ate dinner at 9p! One that Jason cook, as well  :)

Jase stayed home all day Friday with the kids while I went to get clinical hours at Dr Punger's office. I follow her around when she has mother/baby appointments and observe her until she asks for my 2 cents. I usually have at least 2 cents and I love it. I love that she asks and I love my sureness in my answers. Ultimate "job satisfaction".

Let the busy weekend continue, hello Saturday!

No comments: